If you think you know everything there is about Alien Worlds, think again! The game’s engineers and designers just dropped a massive update.
Alien Worlds developers recently finished a substantial list of gameplay improvements, including the reduction of load on the WAX blockchain and other APIs and nodes.
💪🏿👽Alien Worlds engineers and designers recently completed an extensive list of gameplay enhancements, as well as reduced the load on @WAX_io chain, and other APIs and nodes.
— Alien Worlds Official (@AlienWorlds) August 3, 2022
Alien Worlds is an NFT-oriented metaverse on the Ethereum, WAX, and Binance Smart Chain blockchains. The game centers around exploration and mining.
It features land ownership for players to acquire, use of minions to fight battles, collection of tools and avatars, and earning crypto. Co-founders Sarojini McKenna and Michael Yeates developed the game.
Alien Worlds is consistently one of the top blockchain games on DappRadar ranking charts, with more than 7.6 million players ever and more than 9 million plays per day.
In this article, we will focus on unpacking the latest Alien Worlds updates as there is a lot to go through.
The Alien Worlds Vision
Alien Worlds team envisions a more “prosperous and robust ecosystem.”
The Alien Worlds metaverse hinges on NFTs and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
With that in mind, the game’s vision is to allow players to travel across worlds and mine Trilium (TLM), which is the game’s utility token that is also a multi-chain token.
Meanwhile, staking is a feature so you can participate in the in-game planetary governance in the metaverse. The more players who stake their TLM on the planets, the bigger the reward pool and the more everyone can earn.
In short, Alien Worlds is a mining adventure, sci-fi game with multiple DAOs, tons of NFTs and multiple passive earning opportunities.
In late 2020, Alien Worlds surged in popularity in the play-to-earn blockchain gaming space, featuring team-oriented gameplay, land and utility NFTs, and mining on planet DAOs. No one could’ve ever imagined the rate at which it grew.
Blockchain development means building on novel technological areas. Testing and experimentation are necessary to achieve genuine innovation in crypto gaming. Alien Worlds engineers and developers understand this.
With that, it involves several troubleshooting, breakthroughs, and lessons. Each engineer and designer enhance the game’s technical aspects to “breathe new life into the unexplored.”
Alien Worlds is making history and paving the way for others to follow.
An elevated experience
The Alien Worlds team recently completed a significant batch of updates and improvements to the game.
The overall results are an “elevated experience”. They are as follows:
- synchronization across devices
- improved dashboard features
- better NFT management options
- faster login, loading, and navigation
These updates lessened the load on the blockchain, highlighting the devotion of the team to continually craft the Alien Worlds metaverse into their vision, a vision of a higher gaming experience.
Improving the metaverse experience
According to the Alien Worlds team, every upgrade, enhancement, fix, and improvement intends to create a frictionless Alien Worlds user experience. Thus, they want to build atop a more efficient and fortified infrastructure.
A substantial reduction of the load on WAX is a result of the collective effort of the Alien Worlds team to make these improvements. To illustrate, a rough estimation of 40% of load was reduced on all data feeds, such as Missions API, WAX history nodes, MetaMask API, and Atomic Assets API.
Here is a summary of updates and improvements to Alien Worlds, focusing on three areas: Mining, Missions, and General Improvements.
- Smoother mining and claiming process using multiple threads: individual parallel access to all elements of the game
- Multi-device (desktop and mobile) synchronization: mining cooldown and other settings are synced across all devices
- NFT state changes synced across platforms: any changes to equipped Tools, Land, mining actions, or other NFTs will be regularly synchronized with wallets across all connected devices
- Active visual style: selected items will now be visible in the menu
- For example “Switch Planet”, “Switch Tools,” and “Switch Land”
- Improved MetaMask account handling: added support for in-session detection of multiple wallets, changing of account or chain, and wallet connect or disconnect in the Missions game
- Enhanced sorting and data display: added sorting missions by status and time.
- Upgraded chain handling: Missions game running in a parallel process to prevent interfering with the rest of the interface.
- Enhanced MetaMask account management: simpler wallet handling prevents invalid MetaMask configuration from locking up the Mining game
- Redirect to initial URL after login: when a user follows a direct link but is not logged in, after logging in they will be redirected to the original link
- Increased speed of website login and page refresh: Access speeds doubled for WAX Cloud Wallet and MetaMask
- Handling of broken links: An error page will be shown to the user for 5 seconds when trying to access an unknown link. The user will then be redirected to the inventory.
- NFT Inventory Grouping: added functionality to group identical NFTs in all the inventory pages
- Faster NFT inventory for large collections: reduced loading times by 80X, enables managing thousands of items without slowing down the user experience
- Deep linking to all game pages. For example, a direct link to join a mission or share on socials
- Persistent Sorting Filters: improved inventory sorting in Shining, Missions, etc is now persistent during the session
- 5X faster application and page initialization on every page
- Bug fixes and improvements in the inventory and sort-bar tool
- AI-assisted background synchronization: token balances and inventory contents in the Mining and Missions games are automatically retrieved in the most efficient way
What’s next for Alien Worlds?
In conclusion, the Alien Worlds engineering team will continue to make improvements, repairs, and upgrades whenever possible. Anticipated upcoming improvements involve leaderboards to highlight player achievements. Also, it will include upgrades to the new NFT Points system.