As part of plans to keep its community updated at all times, Sorare has released yet another update. The popular fantasy sport platform took to its Twitter handle to make the announcement. According to Sorare, the Game Week calendars will help players to “plan and build” their strategies.
In the new calendar, there are changes in activities for Game Weeks 321 and 322. The Game Weeks between November 20 and December 19 will become Matchdays. Also, players are sure to get more rewards in the coming matchdays.
Notably, each calendar covers detailed information about coming Game Weeks, including Special Weekly rules. Not only that, but players can also find information about the specific cards available in each league division. This way, they can re-strategize and be better positioned for more rewards.
📅 New calendars are out! You will find:
🚨 Changes to Game Weeks 321 and 322
🆕 Game Weeks will turn to "Matchdays" to be in line with Sorare Global Cup
🎁 Increased rewards!
ℹ️ Rewards & daily market auctions for the International Special competitionhttps://t.co/B7P7Sjin9y
— Sorare (@Sorare) November 7, 2022
Sorare released its update to inform players about the recent changes in its ecosystem. These are cut across various aspects, including Game Weeks, reward systems, and the upcoming Sorare: Global Cup. With these, players can know what to expect and how to maximize their playing chances.
Game Weeks: 321 and 322
Unlike previous Game Weeks, events in Game Week 321 will end at noon CET on Thursday, November 10, 2022. Similarly, Game Week 322 events will start the same day and end on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, at noon CET. According to Sorare, the changes were made to “better accommodate the Global Cup and International Special.”
Also, between November 20 and December 19, 2022, Game Weeks will be called “Matchdays”. During this time, events will not follow the usual schedules; instead, they will be adjusted to accommodate the big events. Notably, the usual schedule features a start of events on Tuesday and the end of the Game Week on Friday.
Additionally, referring to the Game Weeks as Matchdays will help to avoid confusion. As such, players will be able to follow the events in the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Basically, there will be events such as knockout and qualifying rounds in the tournament.
Sorare: Global Cup 2022
The Sorare: Global Cup is fast approaching and it will cause a change in events. The deadline for Matchday submissions will end earlier than usual on the first game day of the Sorare: Global Cup. Hence, players should be ready as the deadline on that day will close an hour before the opening game starts.
As mentioned earlier, events will be adjusted to fit the schedule of the Global Cup. Also, players are to be on the lookout for new updates before the competition’s start date. Below is the new Matchday schedule:
- Matchday 1: November 20 to November 24, 2022
- Matchday 2: November 25 to November 28, 2022
- Matchday 3: November 29 to December 2, 2022
- Matchday 4: December 3 to December 6, 2022
- Matchday 5: December 9 to December 12, 2022
- Matchday 6: December 13 to December 15, 2022
- Matchday 7: December 17 to December 19, 2022
This November, own your g̶a̶m̶e̶ world. 🌍🏆 pic.twitter.com/rSuLbbKUij
— Sorare (@Sorare) October 17, 2022
Furthermore, plans for the Sorare: Global Cup event will be announced on Thursday, November 10, 2022. Interestingly, the competition will be open to all Sorare Managers across the globe.
Bigger & Better Rewards
As part of plans to commemorate the biggest sporting event in the world, Sorare has decided to increase the rewards. Compared to the usual reward totals, the prize pools are now bigger and better. The platform stated that card rewards for Star and Tier 1 are now increased while mid-week Game Weeks still maintain the usual totals.
International Special Tournament
Sorare – in a previous announcement – emphasized that the International Special tournament is one to look out for. As announced, there will be 4 divisions in the tournament, cut across the four card scarcities. Hence, there will be games across the Limited, Rare, Super Rare, and Unique categories.
Also, the platform will be increasing the reward qualities as the 2022 FIFA World Cup final gets closer. Notably, the tournament is slated for Qatar. To participate, players must take note of the following:
- Only players that are playing for their national senior team can participate in the tournament.
- While senior team players are eligible, Legends are not allowed to play. With this, Sorare hopes to make the tournament as interesting and competitive as possible.
- A 50% bonus goes to the team’s captain.
- During the competition, XP bonuses will be applied.
Classic Sorare Competitions
Following the International Special tournament, Sorare will open four extra competitions. Collectively, they are referred to as the Classic Sorare Competitions. They include:
- Global All-Star competition. This features games across the Limited, Rare, Rare Pro, Super Rare, and Unique categories.
- Second Division Europe competition. Like the Global All-Star competition, this also features games across the Limited, Rare, Rare Pro, Super Rare, and Unique categories.
- Under-23 Special competition. Notably, this is a special edition of the pre-existing under-23 games. Here too, games are played across the Limited, Rare, Rare Pro, Super Rare, and Unique categories.
- Underdog competition. Unlike the others, this competition features games across all but the Rare Pro category.
The popular fantasy sports game is set to open the scouting window next week for players to prepare their teams. For the International Special tournament, Sorare will auction small club card batches for “players competing with their national team.” The daily scouting market schedule are as follows:
- Saturday, November 12: Group A ������ ������ ������ ������
- Sunday, November 13: Group B ��� ������ ������ ���
- Monday, November 14: Group C ������ ������ ������ ������
- Tuesday, November 15: Group D ������ ������ ������ ������
- Wednesday, November 16: Group E ������ ������ ������ ������
- Thursday, November 17: Group F ������ ������ ������ ������
- Friday, November 18: Group G ������ ������ ������ ������
- Saturday, November 19: Group H ������ ������ ������ ������
Sorare released rules to guide players through the Underdog and Under-23 Special tournaments. With these, players can play by the rules and maximize their chances. Also, they will know how to strategize their teams to claim top spots at the end of tournaments.
- For players to be eligible, their individual average scores over their previous 15 games must be below 50.
- For the Underdog 45 tournament, all players must have scored below 45 over their previous 15 games before they can participate.
- The first 4 playing cards must be in the same scarcity category as the name of the league. That is, a player playing in the Rare League must have his first 4 cards from the Rare category. Similarly, playing in the Unique League means there must be 4 Unique cards among the 5 playing cards.
- The 5th can be gotten from any other scarcity different from the league name. However, it will earn zero points.
Under-23 Special Tournament
- Only players who are eligible for the usual Under-23 tournament can participate.
- The first 4 cards must be in the same scarcity category as the league name.
- The 5th player must be from the Common card category. However, it will earn zero points.
- Captains must be from the main scarcity category. Also, captains will get 50% bonuses.
- All Managers will be randomly given a DNP Under-23 Common Goalkeeper before Matchday 1. This way, they can build full lineups before the competition.
A Quick One on Sorare
So far, Sorare has been up and doing concerning fantasy sports in the web3 space. While maintaining its position as a leading web3 fantasy sports platform, it has succeeded in hitting the headlines. Recently, the platform launched the Sorare: NBA for iOS devices.
Additionally, Sorare is fully operational on the Ethereum blockchain network. The blockchain provides the platform with stability and security. This way, digital assets on the Sorare P2E platform are secured, and transactions are smooth.